By TXMMA Staff // Photos by Hosanna Rull
Undefeated prospects distinguish themselves on latest Houston MMA fight card
HUMBLE, TX – Fury Fighting Championship 6 went down this this past Friday night (May 22nd) at the Humble Civic Center. Though FFC6 saw no title fights take place, it still proved to be a showcase event for several MMA prospects who came out with some pivotal wins.
In the main event of the evening, flyweight Ricky Turcios out of GB Woodlands improved his professional record to 4-0 at the expense of Team Mohler’s Tristan Grimsley. As mentioned in our Fury FC 6 event preview, Grimsley entered the fight the more experienced of the two and having just earned the biggest win of his career. This was Turcios’ chance to accomplish the same thing while validating himself as an upper echelon fighter for his division in the state of Texas. He did just that in what amounted to be a hard-fought battle for both men, a bout that went the way of the young upstart and now legit statewide prospect to watch, Ricky Turcios.
Also winning impressively in the co-main event was yet another tough prospect to watch in San Antonio’s Chris Lopez. “Lefty” faced the best Levi West yet as “2Fly” returned from an almost three year absence from the cage. The two went back and forth for the better part of 3 rounds. West was able to score early in this one opening up a nice-sized cut beneath Lopez’s left eye but it was Chris who got the most pivotal shots in late when he opened up on a tiring Levi to win the bout by third round TKO. Lopez now moves to an impressive 5-0 record as a pro.
Another prospect who won at Fury Fighting Championship 6 was Sage Northcutt. He scored yet another first round finish, this time by TKO over Devin Christopherson but not without taking a few shots in the process. Early trouble aside and he yet leaves FFC6 with his undefeated record intact at 3-0.
Check out complete results from Fury Fighting Championship 6 along with photo highlights below:
Fury Fighting Championship 6 – Quick Results
- Ricky Turcios def. Tristan Grimsley by Unanimous Decision
- Chris Lopez def. Levi West by TKO, RD3
- Sage Northcutt def. Devin Christopherson by TKO, RD1
- Ray Blodget def. Angelo Anzaldua by TKO, RD3
- Rocky Long def. James Gonzales by Submission (Bulldog Choke), RD2
- Adrian Yanez def. Jake Snyder by TKO, RD2
- Dominic Rodriguez def. John Haydon by Unanimous Decision
- Randy McCullough def. Daniel Turner by Submission (Armbar), RD1
- Steven Vera def. Gustavo Gomez by KO (Head Kick), RD1
- Yan Digilov def. Josh Rodriguez by Submission (Rear naked choke), RD1
- Jared Clark def. David McAdams by Submission (Triangle choke), RD1
Fury Fighting Championship 6 – Photo Gallery Slideshow