- Houston MMA Event Preview – Fury Fighting Championship 2
- Gerzan Chau returns at Battle of the Mainland
- Bellator 128 Preview – Dantas vs. Warren; “Wild Thing” returns
- Xtreme Knockout 23 Preview – Women’s MMA headlines event
- 30+ images from FIVE Grappling’s Texas 1 to get you ready for Texas 2
- Titan FC 30 – Results and Recap from Austin, TX
- Cage Combat 16 – Results and Recap from North Houston
- Titan FC 30: Cody Williams set for flyweight debut
- Legacy FC 35 Preview – 205 title fight, BJJ stars headline AXS TV fight card
- Photo Highlights: Girls in Gis Five Year Anniversary in Austin
Dana White: UFC ON FOX SPORTS’ SUNDAY NIGHT FIGHTS!!
- Updated: July 29, 2002
UFC ON FOX SPORTS’ SUNDAY NIGHT FIGHTS!!
I am going on vacation, so I just wanted to get the word out to all of you before I leave.ÃƒÂ¿ I am sure you have all seen the commercials on Fox.ÃƒÂ¿ MMA Fans, our sport has arrived!ÃƒÂ¿ Like I said before, a year and a half ago, did you ever think that the UFC would be back on pay per view?ÃƒÂ¿ Did you think it would ever be sanctioned in Nevada, New Jersey, etc… playing in huge venues like the MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Continental Airlines Arena, and the Taj Mahal?ÃƒÂ¿
Now, we had the first ever fight on a real TV network on the “Best Damn Sports Show, Period!”ÃƒÂ¿ All the hardcore fans got behind us and showed their support, and we did the second best ratings the show has ever done.ÃƒÂ¿ Then, the UFC does our first show in Europe.ÃƒÂ¿ So, we go to London and sell out the most prestigious venue.ÃƒÂ¿ The fights were great, the fans were awesome, and all the political powers in the UK realized this is a real sport!ÃƒÂ¿ Then, we come home to the BDSSP calling us again asking for more footage and a fighter to appear.ÃƒÂ¿ So, we pull it together in a couple of days again.ÃƒÂ¿ Huge exposure for MMA!
NOW THE DAY WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!
Fox will be airing two UFC shows on Sunday Night Fights on Sunday, August 4th and Sunday August 11th.ÃƒÂ¿ The first show is done and the second is close to being done.
I know many of you have been recruiting friends and family members for years.ÃƒÂ¿ This is the perfect opportunity to bring in new fans.ÃƒÂ¿ For as short time as we had to put these shows together, I think they are perfect for creating new fans.ÃƒÂ¿ Tell everyone you know to watch on Sunday Night Fights on August 4th and 11th!!
Fighters and fans, all your hard work and dedication to this sport have finally paid off, so enjoy!ÃƒÂ¿ Thank you all very much.
Dana White – UFC President