- 2016 TXMMA Awards – BJJ Edition Voting Ballot
- XKO Amateur Series 3 – Quick Results and Highlights
- Cage Combat 27 – Results and Recap
- Austin-based Muay Thai fighters make waves at Ascension Tourney
- Story on never giving up and some advice for new competitors
- Fury Fighting Championship 13 – Results and Recap
- 60 Highlight Photos of Fight to Win’s San Antonio BJJ Superfights
- Fort Worth’s Derek Perkins Promises Electricity at XKO 33
- Middleweight Title Fight Headlines Saturday night’s XKO 33
- After robbery led her to BJJ, Chelsah’ Lyons hasn’t looked back since
Fury FC 11 Results – Charles Cheeks III wins lightweight title
- Updated: June 20, 2016
By TXMMA Staff
Charles Cheeks III wins Fury FC lightweight title; Ontiveros picks up second straight victory
HUMBLE, TX – Garcia Promotions’ Fury Fighting Championship 11 is the books following another Houston MMA event at the Humble Civic Center this past weekend. Headlined by 4OZ Fight Club’s Justin Reiswerg vs. Metro Fight Club’s Charles Cheek III for the promotion’s lightweight title, this card also featured 9 other pro fights along with some action from the amateurs.
Cheeks ended up winning the title by third round submission over Reiswerg, capping a Father’s Day week that also saw him become dad to a newborn baby girl along with winning his second MMA title. Charles now moves to 11-4 overall with the victory while Justin drops to 10-6.
In the Fury FC 11 co-main event, Charlie Ontiveros picked up his second victory in a row since losing to Michael “Venum” Page in Bellator. This time around it was against Brazilian Fabio Trindade. Caught in a deep triangle choke by the MMA fighter from Cleveland, Fabio decided to stomp his way out in lieu of a more effective escape, ending the fight before the first round bell and moving the 24 year old winner’s record to 8-4 overall.
Other big winners at Fury FC 11 included a trio of rising area prospects. First up, Aaron Reeves was able to defeat Nick Gay by second round TKO to move to 4-1. Next up, Cameron Graves moves to 4-0 with his unanimous decision win over EJ Turner. Last but not least, Chris Lopez was able to rebound and move to 6-1 with his first round finish over veteran Sam Mohamed.
Check out complete results from Fury FC 11 below.
FURY FC 11 – Quick Results from June 17, 2016
- Charles Cheeks III def. Justin Reiswerg by Submission (Arm Triangle), RD3 * 155 TITLE
- Charles Ontiveros def. Fabio Trindade by DQ (stomp), RD1
- Cameron Graves def. EJ Turner by Unanimous Decision
- Aaron Vincent Reeves def. Nick Gay by TKO, RD2
- Jon Kirk def. Rocky Long by TKO, RD2
- Chris Lopez def. Sam Mohamed by TKO, RD1
- Eric Hendon def. Daniel Turner by Unanimous Decision
- Shakeem Richardson def. Bobby Bradshaw by TKO, RD1
- Joel Moore def. Gary Harling by TKO, RD1
- Jake Heffernan def. Tank Gonzales by TKO, RD1
- Carlos Melara def. Aaron Valdes by KO, RD1
- Trent Parker def. Chris Perez by Unanimous Decision
- Juan Sanchez def. Tyler Weaver by KO (Flying Knee), RD1
- Justin Escobar def. Sergio Lopez by Unanimous Decision