- 2016 TXMMA Awards – BJJ Edition Voting Ballot
- XKO Amateur Series 3 – Quick Results and Highlights
- Cage Combat 27 – Results and Recap
- Austin-based Muay Thai fighters make waves at Ascension Tourney
- Story on never giving up and some advice for new competitors
- Fury Fighting Championship 13 – Results and Recap
- 60 Highlight Photos of Fight to Win’s San Antonio BJJ Superfights
- Fort Worth’s Derek Perkins Promises Electricity at XKO 33
- Middleweight Title Fight Headlines Saturday night’s XKO 33
- After robbery led her to BJJ, Chelsah’ Lyons hasn’t looked back since
RFA 41 Preview – Texas fighters looking to elevate stature on AXS TV
- Updated: July 29, 2016
By TXMMA Staff
Houston’s Trevin Giles featured in RFA 41 main event; other Texas fighters looking to showcase their own skills
SAN ANTONIO, TX – Resurrection Fighting Alliance debuts in Texas tonight with RFA 41 emanating from Cowboys Dance Hall in San Antonio to be broadcast LIVE on AXS TV. The fight card is filled with tons of local talent from the San Antonio area and is headlined by Houston’s undefeated prospect Trevin Giles (Elite MMA) taking on experienced Kentucky-based opponent, Josh Clark.
As far as light heavyweight prospects go, Trevin has made a name for himself in the Texas scene throughout the last few years. He went 4-1 as an amateur and has done even better as a pro, going 6-0 thus far with wins over quality local opponents – including former Legacy FC title contender Larry Crowe. Trevin has not only won all his fights but he’s finished all his opponents as well, making him a serious contender for the next Texas prospect to make it big nationally. A win over Josh Clark would take him a long way towards that goal. The bluegrass-based fighter has been impressive as well, going 9-2 in his pro career. He has been inactive since late 2014 however and fought sporadically even before then. Will ring rust be a factor? We’ll see tonight.
Elsewhere on the card we have a few other fighters with Texas roots looking to make their own splash.
In the co-main event, Jamall Emmers will look to prove that his last loss against Thiago Moises was a momentary setback as he takes on Rivaldo Junior. The younger of the two, Jamall feels he has all the physical tools needed to take out the Brazilian who is also trying to come back from a loss of his own. With the exposure found on this AXS televised card, Jamall feels like this is his chance to erase any doubt that he belongs on the big stage so consider this a pivotal fight for him.
Speaking of pivotal fights, Chris Lopez has one of his own against another Brazilian in Fabio Trindade. “Left” (Lopez) has gone 6-1 as a pro and will be fighting in front of his hometown crowd. Reputed as a grinder, Chris doesn’t mind his opponent’s BJJ black belt pedigree and will be looking to take him out anywhere the fight goes. Having amassed his 6-1 record since debuting as a pro in 2013, Lopez is another one looking to notch up a level as far as MMA exposure and a win here should prove that he deserves those bigger fights and bigger checks.
See the complete fight card for tonight’s RFA 41 on AXS TV below.
RFA 41 – Updated Fight Card for July 29, 2016
Main Card (AXS TV)
- 205 lbs.: Josh Clark (9-2) vs. Trevin Giles (6-0)
- 145 lbs.: Jamall Emmers (9-3) vs. Rivaldo Junior (11-5-2)
- 170 lbs.: Christopher Pecero (14-6) vs. Alexander Hernandez (6-1)
- 170 lbs.: Fabio Trindade (3-3) vs. Christopher Lopez (6-1)
- 155 lbs.: Hugo Prada (5-0) vs. Gleidson Moraes (debut)
- 135 lbs.: Jose Soto (4-1) vs. Carlos Vergara (3-1)
- 145 lbs.: Ulyses Aguila (5-1) vs. Kevin Troyer (3-0)
- 155 lbs.: Anthony Ivy (6-2) vs. Jesse Almaraz (2-0)
- 135 lbs.: David Miramontes (0-2) vs. Alejandro Rodriguez (2-1)
Amateur Prelims (Untelevised)
- 170 lbs.: Santiago Guzman (2-1) vs. Justin Holliday (3-0)
- 145 lbs.: Jose Juarez (1-2) vs. Kaleb Petereit (3-2)
- 170 lbs.: Waylon Bronstrup (1-0) vs. Rodney Edgar (1-0)
- 145 lbs.: Steven Martinez (1-1) vs. Jeremy Oulette (2-1)
- 135 lbs.: Michael Haynes (0-0) vs. Jayden Rodriguez (0-0)