- 2016 TXMMA Awards – BJJ Edition Voting Ballot
- XKO Amateur Series 3 – Quick Results and Highlights
- Cage Combat 27 – Results and Recap
- Austin-based Muay Thai fighters make waves at Ascension Tourney
- Story on never giving up and some advice for new competitors
- Fury Fighting Championship 13 – Results and Recap
- 60 Highlight Photos of Fight to Win’s San Antonio BJJ Superfights
- Fort Worth’s Derek Perkins Promises Electricity at XKO 33
- Middleweight Title Fight Headlines Saturday night’s XKO 33
- After robbery led her to BJJ, Chelsah’ Lyons hasn’t looked back since
TXMMA Technique of the Week – Shawn Key’s scissor sweep details
- Updated: July 14, 2015
By TXMMA Staff
Presa BJJ’s Shaw Key (Iron Mantis) showcases Scissor Sweep Variations
CONROE, TX – As of recently, Shawn Key and his Iron Mantis Academy recently affiliated with the PRESA BJJ team headquartered in Corpus Christi under Prof. Aurelio Gallegos. For those of our readers who don’t know of Presa (formerly part of Paragon BJJ), they’ve got a reputation for producing tough competitors with sound technique. Likewise, Shawn Key has the same mindset and focuses on basics before anything in order to build a solid grappling foundation.
In this edition of the TXMMA Technique of the Week, Prof. Key expounds on his philosophy by showing a few variations of the scissor sweep (simple sweep), a key technique to learn for any new BJJ practitioner. Enjoy.